How can I close my Credit Card Account? You can close your Credit Card Account by writing to us or calling the SBI Card Helpline. After placing your request for account closure, you are required to cut your credit card(s) diagonally. Your request will automatically lead to the termination of the add-on cards.
Are you the one who is not been able to control your spend on credit card? You end up spending more than you want and feel bad when you see the bill. You can close your credit card by two ways:
- 1) Customer Care: You can call up SBI Credit Card Customer Care number and place a request to cancel or close your credit card. The SBI Credit Card Customer Care numbers are 1860 180 1290, 1800 180 1290, or (pre fix STD code) 39020202. The customer care executive will ask few question to verify your identity before accepting your cancellation request.
- 2) Request in Writing: You can also send a credit card cancellation request to SBI Credit Card in writing to SBI Card PO Bag 28, GPO New Delhi 110001. The card holder have to write few important information like Name, Address, Credit Card Number, Date of Birth and contact details as per the bank record. Please note never write confidential information like CVV number or PIN number of your card.
After placing the request you have to cut your card diagonally and discard it Once you get the confirmation of cancellation of primary card if required one can place the request of cancellation of add on card if any as well.
What are the things one should keep in mind before cancelling the SBI Credit Card?
A Credit card holder can initiate a cancellation request anytime as per his/her convenience. We suggest one should keep a check on the below mentioned check list
- 1) Check the Bank Statement: Its very important to check the latest credit statement and ensue that there should not be any fraudulent transaction or no wrong charges added in the statement
- 2) Pay the dues: After checking your credit card statement the next step is to clear your outstanding balance/dues. SBI will process the cancellation only after clearing all the outstanding dues. Its also advisable to ensure that you should cancel all your standing instruction on your credit card. In case if you are SBI Credit Card is carrying any EMI, it should also be cleared before placing a SBI Credit Card cancellation.
- 3) Redeem Your Rewards: After making your outstanding dues its very important to redeem your rewards points because once the credit card is cancelled you are not allowed to use your rewards points. You can use the reward points against gift vouchers, products from E Commerce site or any other thing as mentioned in SBI Credit Card Catalog. Card holder can redeem the unused rewards points with in 45 days of cancellation of SBI Credit Card.
- 4) Should not be used just before the cancellation: It is advisable cardholder should not use the credit card just before initiation of cancellation request because sometime merchant files their claim after few days as well. In case if bank sees any claim in process your cancellation request will not be processed.
How to reactivate a closed or inactive SBI Credit Card?
SBI Credit Card can be activated in three ways.
- Login to your SBI Card account and go to request tab to activate your card.
- You can login to SBI Card Mobile application and go to request tab to activate your card.
- You can write an email to SBI and request for an activation.
What are the Consequence of Closing SBI Credit Card?
In case a credit card holder has only one credit card and he/she wish to close the credit card after paying all the dues, there is no impact on credit score of the card holder. Suppose if the credit card holder has more than one credit card and they wish to cancel one out of them, it reduces the credit available credit limit of the card holder to an extent. Reduction of credit limit increases the credit utilization ration which may have a negative impact on credit card holder’s CIBIL Score.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) Is that advisable to cancel credit card your never use ?
Closing a inactive credit card or a card you never use can have an impact of your credit score because it reduces your available credit. In case if you have only one card then it will not have any impact on your credit score.
2) How Do I close my SBI Credit Card without Calling ?
One can close or cancel the SBI credit card through a written request made to SBI Credit Card office., You have to write important information like card holder name, Date of Birth, Address and Credit Card Number
3) How to close SBI Credit Card Online ?
SBI Credit Card holder can call SBI Card customer care at 1860 180 1290, 1800 180 1290, or (pre fix STD code) 39020202 or by writing an email to email@example.com Bank will close the card after checking the all due clear status